Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Need Help & Advice

• Please log in to reply

haldir

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

haldir

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Dear All,

I need some advice here.
This is my 1st time selling off my car direct to a buyer ( using mudah.com.my ).
Previously, I have always traded-in my car when buying new car.
This time round, the dealer offered a low price and I decided to sell on my own.

It is risky selling online so what precautions and what are the dos and don'ts that I need to do?
Those experienced sifus here please enlighten me please!

I worry about these
a) during test drive, I kena hijack/robbed by the potential buyer.

cool.gif buyer asked me to give him a photocopy of my car reg. card. for him to pass to his bank for loan approval. Buyer has yet to see my car and already asked me to fax to him 1st. ( Reason, he already applied for another car, but the car ailed puspakom, so he decided to take my car. Loan documents already submitted to bank ). I declined until he sees the car and agree to a selling price 1st. Can anyone do anything with my photocopy car reg. card? or it is useless since it is a photocopy?

c) i need to transfer my car reg. no. to a new motorbike ( i want to keep number ). what is the usual fees asked by the motorbike seller to process for me?

d) after getting new car number for my old car, i will sell the car off.

e) what are the steps and procedures that I need to do ( ie. what type of documents I need to sign / transfer form etc )

f) I will wait until the bank's cheque is cleared before I hand over the car to the buyer. What about the Car Reg. Card, do I personally hand it to the HP bank? or pass to the buyer?

g) can I issue a receipt to the buyer if he pays me a deposit? ( I can buy a basic receipt from the bookstore )

h) should I engage a used car dealer as middleman instead? but the buyer said he do not want to deal with a used car dealer. ( suspicious ?)

what are the known scams that are being carried out in MY right now? I want to know so that I can be aware and able to pick up any suspicious characters/method to scam people.

Thank you so much!!

chien

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

chien

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
QUOTE (haldir @ Aug 18 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear All,

I need some advice here.
This is my 1st time selling off my car direct to a buyer ( using mudah.com.my ).
This time round, the dealer offered a low price and I decided to sell on my own.

It is risky selling online so what precautions and what are the dos and don'ts that I need to do?

I worry about these

cool.gif buyer asked me to give him a photocopy of my car reg. card. for him to pass to his bank for loan approval. Buyer has yet to see my car and already asked me to fax to him 1st. ( Reason, he already applied for another car, but the car ailed puspakom, so he decided to take my car. Loan documents already submitted to bank ). I declined until he sees the car and agree to a selling price 1st. Can anyone do anything with my photocopy car reg. card? or it is useless since it is a photocopy?

c) i need to transfer my car reg. no. to a new motorbike ( i want to keep number ). what is the usual fees asked by the motorbike seller to process for me?

e) what are the steps and procedures that I need to do ( ie. what type of documents I need to sign / transfer form etc )

f) I will wait until the bank's cheque is cleared before I hand over the car to the buyer. What about the Car Reg. Card, do I personally hand it to the HP bank? or pass to the buyer?

g) can I issue a receipt to the buyer if he pays me a deposit? ( I can buy a basic receipt from the bookstore )

h) should I engage a used car dealer as middleman instead? but the buyer said he do not want to deal with a used car dealer. ( suspicious ?)

what are the known scams that are being carried out in MY right now? I want to know so that I can be aware and able to pick up any suspicious characters/method to scam people.

Thank you so much!!

If you are so worried, get a used reputable car dealer to sell for you. A small commission is necessary to save you of any hassles.

mrbean

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

mrbean

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
QUOTE (haldir @ Aug 18 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear All,

I need some advice here.

I worry about these

Thank you so much!!

So many established 2nd hand car seller willing to help you sell around. They know all the processes and usually got kaki at jpj.