Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Freed

• Please log in to reply

sunyatsen

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 1 2011, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not you tell the forumners here that your Sylphy 2.0L could achieve 14km/L in city traffic beating almost any B and C segment with smaller engines. Or you want to invite edthrax here to say his X-Gear without VVT yet tuned to generate 150Nm@4400rpm with vehicle weight of 1160kg + 4AT gearbox could achieve 15km/L.

Let's see what they'll say. Other forumners, if you wanted to know more, please check their comments on N brand thread. Their gang members been claiming exaggerated FC claim that could beat even hybrid and diesel powered engines.

Sinkalen jayraptor, please keep this thread clean ok!!! This is about the Honda Freed. Don't hijack every thread for your propaganda will you.

cute_boboi

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (volvos40 @ Aug 16 2011, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a Honda Freed recently. It handles kampong road very well and really suitable for city and the traffic jam.
I am quite happy with it.

But when i drive it after driving my Camry i feel it is lacking in grunt or rather making too loud engine revving noise when driving uphill. The feeling gets worse after i drive another car, a Mercedes e240.

The e240 is the best refined performer for me But the nephews and nieces love the Freed the most!! Sometimes, they don't want to get out at home!

What can I do to reduce the engine noise intrusion when accelerating? Please

smile_thumbup.gif

You are comparing a Group A/B car with Group C/D car. Definitely there will be big difference in terms of NVH.

Also, the engine performance is also big different between your comparison. Hence, you will feel the lack of speed, torque and feel.

Like others suggest, for the performance, remember it is a 1.5L NA engine and expect the pickup like a city/vios.
For the noise, goto accessories shop to install padding/shield for the engine bay, firewall, doors, etc. Also, try not to rev too high, as its engine performance is half (or less) of your Camry and Merc.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

wur4774

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

wur4774

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Aug 16 2011, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Freed like Jazz/Yaris is inflated product by T & H here. With ur expectation u shld hv consider real-deal like 5008/G-Scenic etc. smile_thumbup.gif

Maybe you shuld see the FREED inside layout, for me its better than 5008/G-Scenic, 2 sliding rear power door some more..after all they are same category mid size MPV's

mzi

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

mzi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
The ugliest car on the road today..

..sorry folks no offence.

byebye2u

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
how much now??113k??

lembab giler, bising sampai sakit tinge

wur4774

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

wur4774

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
QUOTE (mzi @ Dec 3 2011, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ugliest car on the road today..

..sorry folks no offence.

Agreed, and that always happend to a brand new honda cars and because its subjective its grew to be one of the beutiful car from day to day at the end it makes the resale value stronger

zerachiel

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

zerachiel

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Aug 16 2011, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
may be try to drive it like a 1,500cc car? smile_thumbup.gif

hahahaha smile_big.gif smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Dec 3 2011, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much now??113k??

lembab giler, bising sampai sakit tinge

tak banyak on the road, at 120 - 140 kph, it jump up and down and sway left to right and back forth again, driver movement or car auto swaying movement? dont know never drive or ride on it b4?
But still a good car to many, it will seel, but in Indonesia banyak on the road.

magura

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

magura

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (ycfoo @ Aug 16 2011, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
may be try to drive it like a 1,500cc car? smile_thumbup.gif

But....when i drive a golf 1.4 tsi, its more powerful than this bigger cc freed? ; ) guess, nowdays engine displacement does not matter

Kwar

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Kwar

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts
With full loads try go up Genting... I think the Le Tour de Langkawi riders will reach the top first! smile_clown.gif