Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Cleaning Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

byebye2u

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:59 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Aug 17 2011, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bros,

This can be a good indicator to learn your engine's combustion whether on lean or rich mixture.

In order to reduce overheating and chances of detonation in the engine, it is designed to run on rich mixture.

I checked mine today. I can see some engine oil on the surface but the sensor surface is clean.
It has been running on rich mixture.

agree bro,

I clean the EGR and Intake Manifold too with a spray product..(now I forgot the name oledi..hahahaha so old now)..yes, our car has been running on rich mixture.

byebye2u

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Aug 17 2011, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where to check..? On the MAP sensor..?

yours with garret gt25 run leaner than us, I check the clean MAP today, just a bit of oil there..after cleaning I notice my car produce a bit more smoke!!!

rx270xdi

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:26 AM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Aug 18 2011, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yours with garret gt25 run leaner than us, I check the clean MAP today, just a bit of oil there..after cleaning I notice my car produce a bit more smoke!!!

Hi bro,

Pls don't over look the MAP sensor attach on the combustion chamber..! that is just the instake manifold!! you can't defind your engine is running rich by checking the MAP sensor, the oil is leaked from your Oil Saperator actually, my map sensor even wet then yours actually. Hahah

If by just installed the Turbo it self, Yes it will running lean, but my is remaped to suite the turbo...will fine tune it later.

neonlee

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Aug 18 2011, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bro,

Pls don't over look the MAP sensor attach on the combustion chamber..! that is just the instake manifold!! you can't defind your engine is running rich by checking the MAP sensor, the oil is leaked from your Oil Saperator actually, my map sensor even wet then yours actually. Hahah

If by just installed the Turbo it self, Yes it will running lean, but my is remaped to suite the turbo...will fine tune it later.

There is a crazy option available ,that can let our engine running much more lean and won't overheat,using water injection system on our intake, install a water nozzle to spay water into the intake according to the boost level.. the cost is around >1K... no idea that available in malaysia or not..

tsleong67

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

tsleong67

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
Common rail diesel engine are tune to run lean by factory. This is to meet emission standard. There is no pre detonation in diesel engine as it is direct injection. It means the fuel is added during ignition. That is why there is no octane rating on diesel unlike petrol.
Running rich for turbo petrol engine because of high boost to prevent pre detonation and cooling is true. In this case water injection is used to cool the compress air from turbo.

tkw138

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

tkw138

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Aug 18 2011, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bro,

You are right bro. But don't forget our engine is equiped with EGR that build up the layer of half burned oil inside the intake manifold.

rx270xdi

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Aug 18 2011, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are right bro. But don't forget our engine is equiped with EGR that build up the layer of half burned oil inside the intake manifold.

Bro,

Actually the EGR is purpose to reduce exhaust emissions, and also to reduce the combustion chamber temp by the oxygen and nitrogen mix, creating NOx. When the engine is running lean, the EGR will open to reduce the combustion chamber teamperature.

wnq8585

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

wnq8585

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Aug 18 2011, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

Actually the EGR is purpose to reduce exhaust emissions, and also to reduce the combustion chamber temp by the oxygen and nitrogen mix, creating NOx. When the engine is running lean, the EGR will open to reduce the combustion chamber teamperature.

wnq8585

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

wnq8585

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I am new to the forum. Just signed in awhile ago.

Mine is 270Xdi, full spec AWD and year 2005.

Open up the bonnet and notice that it needs a special screwdriver to take out the sensor.

When can I buy this special screw driver and what is the size?

TQ.

byebye2u

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (wnq8585 @ Aug 20 2011, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am new to the forum. Just signed in awhile ago.

Mine is 270Xdi, full spec AWD and year 2005.

Open up the bonnet and notice that it needs a special screwdriver to take out the sensor.

When can I buy this special screw driver and what is the size?

TQ.

welcome bro,

which sensor you want to take out??

MAP sensor only need spanner size 10