Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Cleaning Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

byebye2u

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Aug 13 2011, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

Don't worried, your problem is as same as mine last time.
1st to check your Vacuum hose leaking,
2nd try to swap your modulators or use the contact cleaner to clean it and blow with compressed air,
3rd clean your Intake monifold and EGR as well..

After i done a few cleaning process, No Taxi can over take me during up hill to Genting.

Another way is Eco Map, this will help you alot....

cheers ! haha ...
my car D2-D4 very power, but D1 no power. so , when i drive my car to genting uphill, i walking also faster than my car ler if i maintain 1st gear ... zzz .... should i change both modulator ?? how do u think ??
anyway , how will u define not enuf turbo charge ?? issit mean the turbo not enuf power ??? press pedal take very long time to speed ??
where u going to do it ?? DIY ?? maybe i free then i can go see see ^^ hahahaha

hi bro..

I have tested by cleaning...eeerrrr really basuh the engine with water spray and soap.. the symptom after that same as you describe..D1 no power/response, press pedal until angkat punggong than count 1,2,3,4,5,6 the rpm slowly goes up then the power come in D2 to D4.

I then clean the sensor contact one by one.and give a test drive after each cleaning.THE CULPRIT IS THE MAP SENSOR LOCATED ON TOP OF MANIFOLD. after clean the MAP with contact cleaner, the power back to normal. if the connection not good or the MAP fail, it can't detect the boost or give wrong reading to ECU, so less diesel and wrong timing injected..

NIK

r3xt0n

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Aug 13 2011, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

Where are the rest of the Injectors? Who have quietly filtered the QTY..? i suppose to receive 1pc is good condition and 1pc is in bad condition. Why the people have such kind of attitude..?

Already sms Bro Teerex to pass the rest of injectors to you, will check with him again.

neonlee

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:46 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (tkw138 @ Aug 13 2011, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, don't be like that lah... Nice to have bros willing to offer their helping hands and share. Sometime misunderstanding do happened.

I have 3 injectors and 1 VM with me. I tried clean them but can't get good result. May be you can help to take a look.
I broke one of the VM's casing but the I checked the diaphragm is stil in good shape.
So, if anyone need, can take it.

Let us know if we can come on the 20th Aug morning for DIY turbo charger.

I got digital microspoce may be we can use it to compare the orifice of good injector vs bad injector..and do whatever necessary....attemp to replace belt tensioner 2day... end up unable to dismantle the fan due to issuficient tools sad.gif will try again by 2molo..smile.gif
did another things 2day.. clean the MAP sensor...b4 cleaning you will see the map sensor as photo below..

byebye2u

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
fuyoo..damn dirty..any improvement after cleaning?

r3xt0n

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Aug 13 2011, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got digital microspoce may be we can use it to compare the orifice of good injector vs bad injector..and do whatever necessary....attemp to replace belt tensioner 2day... end up unable to dismantle the fan due to issuficient tools sad.gif will try again by 2molo..smile.gif
did another things 2day.. clean the MAP sensor...b4 cleaning you will see the map sensor as photo below..

Wah, so dirty. Should clean mine too.

Bro RX270XDI did cleaned the Preheater Relay contact too that solve his intermittent power problem and improve power stability. Maybe this will help too.

neonlee

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Aug 14 2011, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fuyoo..damn dirty..any improvement after cleaning?

clean it with carb cleaner , unable capture the photo after cleaning cause my hand was too dirty to hold the cam...
power wise... more ohhmm and smooth..than b4....hard to describe the diffrence...theoritically it should improve FC after clean it..cause the reading of pressure more accurate..smile.gif

byebye2u

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Aug 14 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
clean it with carb cleaner , unable capture the photo after cleaning cause my hand was too dirty to hold the cam...
power wise... more ohhmm and smooth..than b4....hard to describe the diffrence...theoritically it should improve FC after clean it..cause the reading of pressure more accurate..smile.gif

is it easy to remove the sensor and install back? any precaution?

mckhairie

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:26 PM

mckhairie

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Aug 14 2011, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is it easy to remove the sensor and install back? any precaution?

guys, after saw this posting, i'm immediately open my bonnet and dismantle the MAP. So easy and no precaution to be taken (I think lah).. just unscrew the two screw and pull it upward after disconnect the connector. As yours, mine also too dirty. BTW, I did crazy thing just now.. try to clean inside the hole using cotton bud... and .. the cotton bud fall inside it...hahahah.. what a silly action taken by me. anyway, managed to remove...

Performance wise after cleaned it up... emm not too sure yet since drive a few km only... but pedal feel a bit lighter lah... <--- perasaan jer kot smile.gif))

BTW.. good to clean it..
2005 Black Rexton ::: Top Speed 110km/h

neonlee

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:25 AM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (mckhairie @ Aug 14 2011, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys, after saw this posting, i'm immediately open my bonnet and dismantle the MAP. So easy and no precaution to be taken (I think lah).. just unscrew the two screw and pull it upward after disconnect the connector. As yours, mine also too dirty. BTW, I did crazy thing just now.. try to clean inside the hole using cotton bud... and .. the cotton bud fall inside it...hahahah.. what a silly action taken by me. anyway, managed to remove...

Performance wise after cleaned it up... emm not too sure yet since drive a few km only... but pedal feel a bit lighter lah... <--- perasaan jer kot smile.gif))

BTW.. good to clean it..

Bro, use cotton bud ,???
i did spray some carb cleaner into magnifold to dissolve the deposit, end up white smokee come out for about a minute..all those carbon been burnt .. smile.gif .. bare in mind cant spay too much carb cleaner at one time..cause carb cleaner will be ignite during compression in piston before the diesel injected...

rx270xdi

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
Hi Bro,

After cleaning the MAP sensor, can feel the difference much better, constance pickup power, lesser smoke too.