Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

When Will Shell Brings In Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5w-30 To Malaysia ?

• Please log in to reply

lionelstep

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
Got to know Shell has this great product.....why not brought into Malaysia ?

neo79

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (lionelstep @ Aug 11 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, never will. Too expensive and demand too low.

Cavino

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:02 AM

Cavino

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts
QUOTE (neo79 @ Aug 12 2011, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, never will. Too expensive and demand too low.

I tot 5W30 is becoming more in demand since most newer car manufacturer recommended that weight nowadays for better FC and city driving?

vr2turbo

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (Cavino @ Aug 12 2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tot 5W30 is becoming more in demand since most newer car manufacturer recommended that weight nowadays for better FC and city driving?

Maybe shell one too expensive..... smile_blackeye.gif

lancer1981

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
Bro Neo, please don’t kill me for what I about to comment about Shell Malaysia. In my view Shell Marketing/Reseller is a rather conservative dept. They simply do not want to stock so many types of oil so that it will be easier to store and sell their products. Hence, they don't have to spend so much on advertising too
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

neo79

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (Cavino @ Aug 12 2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you buy if it retails at RM240 per 4l pack? smile_big.gif

It also depends very much on what kinda cars they have in MY, and how the market goes..

In SG, only Ultra and HX7 are top seller. The HX5 is only sold as flushing oil.

neo79

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Aug 12 2011, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Neo, please don’t kill me for what I about to comment about Shell Malaysia. In my view Shell Marketing/Reseller is a rather conservative dept. They simply do not want to stock so many types of oil so that it will be easier to store and sell their products. Hence, they don't have to spend so much on advertising too

Not conservative, but the global direction have shifted therefore and MY market can be considered as a fully matured market therefore any growth here are from capturing competitor's market. More of a maintenance rather than growth.

Shell is more interested in growing and emerging markets such as India, Brazil, Indonesia and China. So they won't be spending lots of money here, instead they will do the opposite.

kaylcar

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (lionelstep @ Aug 11 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

don't need this kind of oil in Malaysia...where got temperature so low here that u need a 5W oil?? It's already flowing at that viscocity before you start the engine every morning!
Pointless.
I would be worried about the shear stability of 30w oil, it's too low for our high engine temperatures, especially when they are "pinking" on lousy pretend 95RON fuel, (it's really 92!!).

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

vr2turbo

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (neo79 @ Aug 12 2011, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you buy if it retails at RM240 per 4l pack? smile_big.gif

It also depends very much on what kinda cars they have in MY, and how the market goes..

In SG, only Ultra and HX7 are top seller. The HX5 is only sold as flushing oil.

HX5 is flushing oil? smile_shock.gif

lionelstep

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:22 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Aug 12 2011, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't need this kind of oil in Malaysia...where got temperature so low here that u need a 5W oil?? It's already flowing at that viscocity before you start the engine every morning!
Pointless.
I would be worried about the shear stability of 30w oil, it's too low for our high engine temperatures, especially when they are "pinking" on lousy pretend 95RON fuel, (it's really 92!!).

It amazingly helps lowering Fuel Consumption though. My Kia Rondo first 1k km service, SC poured in Petronas Synthium 5W30.
Although originally commmented on the noise, but FC reasonably good.

Then at 10k km, SC poured in Shell Helix Ultra 5W40, goodness, I lost 700m distance per every litre of petrol consumed, FC was increased. And now 18k km already, began to get back the original FC with Petronas Synthium 5W30.

Another < 2k km to go before 3rd service. I really wish it happens that Shell brings in Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5W30, even with RM 5 above the existing price of 5W40 version, I can go for Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5W30.

It is because I just realize Petronas does not seem to have 5W30 FULLY SYNTHETICS ? Only 0W30 and 0W40 are FS.