Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Persona - Engine Suddenly Off When Drive...

• Please log in to reply

avionics

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

avionics

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
Haha..Proton memang banyak masalah..Or else where got need DRB to come in.
Dats y all ppl tell me,die oso wun buy proton..now i know why after driving 1.
They convince u got lotus abs campro bla bla bla.When time for service they never listen..
Hai m so naive.

lncsb

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

lncsb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I sent in the problematic Persona to the Centre of excellence at 7:45am today.

I tried to start 5 times upon arriving at the Centre, no cranking at all. Later the Service personal tried a few times, totally cannot start.

9:00am only completed registration and cabut.

lncsb

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

lncsb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Took back the car on 18 Feb.

Action taken for car cannot start was "to tighten key antena wayer 1 pik come out."
I could not figure out what was the antennae wire, the counter staff also "tak tahu"

I also asked them to check on the spongy brake, I suppose they "bleed the brake system and adjust hard brake". But the brake feels the same just like before.

The good news is there was no starting issue for the past 2 weeks. The odometer reads 884 km now.

mosh

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (lncsb @ Mar 3 2012, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Took back the car on 18 Feb.

Action taken for car cannot start was "to tighten key antena wayer 1 pik come out."
I could not figure out what was the antennae wire, the counter staff also "tak tahu"

I also asked them to check on the spongy brake, I suppose they "bleed the brake system and adjust hard brake". But the brake feels the same just like before.

The good news is there was no starting issue for the past 2 weeks. The odometer reads 884 km now.

Bro, do you send to glenmarie or usj..? Glenmarie is not the hq, hq is at platinium centre USJ..
Front counter did not know any tech term, the best to check is the technician itself.. Counter staff just receive, process & return car in and out. But sometimes, tech are working on another car when u want to find em, and unavailable that time. You can check with the service executive, the one who take yor car keys and do the initial assesment.

I had my near 2 yrs old PE good as it can be, daily drive, weekend backlane drag, uphill downhill touge run, handbrake turn, long distance run, reach 180-200kmph, and survive Sepang international circuit as the 1st PE to set lap records.. None of the problem you encountered happens..

Ive chane iafm 3 times while its under warranty at platinium centre, change the crappy brake pad and change the ecu due some signalling fault.. Thats it.. The car survive normal & hard driving.

Think just plain luck?

The spongy brake is normal thru out all PE, u can ask other PE owner as well, the best solution is to change to a better brakepad as the current dusty brakepad is crap.. U will feel the diffrence immedietly.

lncsb

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

lncsb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Bro, you really abuse your car,LOL.

My daughter uses the car for short distance commuting only. No high expectations...good enough if the engine can start and the car can stop.

It was sent to 3 centres, 1st the 2S dealer in USJ 19, then to EON Glenmarie and last to Centre of Excellence next to Kesas last month.

One more issue, I still face difficulty to open the boot with key despite some adjustments by EON Glenmarie. No problem if I use the boot lock release lever in the cabin. Will get it sorted out when I send the car for 1000km service.

beemc

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

beemc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
I faced this "engine sudden cut off" issue 2yrs back in my Persona iafm, the problem was the crank angle sensor malfunction. If you try to start the car, you can still hear the starting motor running but not the engine, after a few try, you can observe that the tachometer shows to MAXIMUM rpm (8k rpm if i'm not mistaken). IF you faced this, then it's most prob crank angle sensor malfunction.