Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Persona - Engine Suddenly Off When Drive...

• Please log in to reply

fakhrulrz

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

fakhrulrz

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (razifrahim @ Aug 18 2011, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi moors,

my problem is, i can start my car during hot or cold.. but when i drive, suddenly the engine off (not all the time).. Suddenly.. without any warning.. tried to start back but cannot.. tried many times.. after few minutes, the engine can start and i can continue my driving..
i hv send my car to sc but they said, "takdak masalah".. evrything ok.. but it happened again this week.. few times already..
kinda frustrated with sc & proton.. what should i do now...??? any idea..??

haii... i drove persona 2009... my brother drove PE... adik aku tu xpenah drive kete moden, biase nissan sunny ngan iswara je... mse bwk PE terjadi jgk mcm en. razi... sy tnye dia mse start enjin tggu dl elektronik part on tak... dia ckp tak... lps brape lme kete dia ok dh smpai skrg sbb dia slah teknik mse start engine... tip yg dia bg klo bwk persona.... kene jg cluth sbb PE cluth pendek.. klo time drive enjin mati, kene off kan enjin kjap.. pastu baru start blik... klo enjin mati terus start enjin akan melahu dlm keadaan xstabil n klo tekan minyak kete tak akan bergerak dia ckp... i just share it...

lonelyape

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

lonelyape

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
QUOTE (fakhrulrz @ Aug 20 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haii... i drove persona 2009... my brother drove PE... adik aku tu xpenah drive kete moden, biase nissan sunny ngan iswara je... mse bwk PE terjadi jgk mcm en. razi... sy tnye dia mse start enjin tggu dl elektronik part on tak... dia ckp tak... lps brape lme kete dia ok dh smpai skrg sbb dia slah teknik mse start engine... tip yg dia bg klo bwk persona.... kene jg cluth sbb PE cluth pendek.. klo time drive enjin mati, kene off kan enjin kjap.. pastu baru start blik... klo enjin mati terus start enjin akan melahu dlm keadaan xstabil n klo tekan minyak kete tak akan bergerak dia ckp... i just share it...

Start engine also need technique ? smile_shock.gif

mosh

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (lonelyape @ Aug 20 2011, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Start engine also need technique ? smile_shock.gif

yeah...!! and you must do it in style.... can be really styloooh if you installed the start button... smile_big.gif
confem horsepower up 5% 059.gif

mych

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

mych

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,789 posts
fuel pump? is the tank near empty? raise a safety concern and make sure you have the service record to proove your case.. you been given a run around by the SA.. not solving the issue.. e-mail to the HQ with full details
Mych

lncsb

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

lncsb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
My daughter's brand new Persona Auto starts to have starting problem last week. When the ignition key is turned, there was totally no cranking at all. Needs to try 4 - 5 times before the starting motor turns. So far happened about 5 times already.

When my daughter returned home last weekend, same issue happened and the car could not start at all.

I called Proton 24 Hour Breakdown Service. They do not have towing service and I need to call the insurance company should I need the towing service. The mechanic told me over the phone to disconnect -ve terminal of the battery and reconnect within 5 seconds. After few rounds of battery terminal disconnection/connection and countless cranking attempts, manage to get the car started. But the same problem recurred on Sunday and today.

Have to call them again to tow to service centre when they resume work on wednesday.

So much for Proton product quality and service quality ...my daughter's Persona only clocks 438km till now.

mosh

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (lncsb @ Feb 6 2012, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My daughter's brand new Persona Auto starts to have starting problem last week. When the ignition key is turned, there was totally no cranking at all. Needs to try 4 - 5 times before the starting motor turns. So far happened about 5 times already.

When my daughter returned home last weekend, same issue happened and the car could not start at all.

I called Proton 24 Hour Breakdown Service. They do not have towing service and I need to call the insurance company should I need the towing service. The mechanic told me over the phone to disconnect -ve terminal of the battery and reconnect within 5 seconds. After few rounds of battery terminal disconnection/connection and countless cranking attempts, manage to get the car started. But the same problem recurred on Sunday and today.

Have to call them again to tow to service centre when they resume work on wednesday.

So much for Proton product quality and service quality ...my daughter's Persona only clocks 438km till now.

looks like starter having a prob.. mine still work fine after all these years... once you manage to start the car, quickly drive through any service centre for their immidiet check up.. or call back the 24 hr breakdown service and ask them to send technician to check..

lncsb

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

lncsb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Yesterday was a LUCKY day...I could start the Persona in the afternoon after it refused to start for a couple of days!

Immediately I headed to a Proton 2S dealer in USJ19. Explained to the dealer on the starting issue so he checked the fuses and relays in the engine compartment. Swapped a relay and the starting problem recurred. Check the battery by a battery tester confirmed full charge.

Then he used a hand-held diagnostic tool PDT2000 to check. Fault shown was Coolant Temperature Sensor Voltage too Low. He tried to reset/erase the fault a few times but without success.

So asked me to wait while he charged up another diagnostic equipment as it was totally flat.

After waited for more than 1 hour, the dealer connected the gadget (PADT-II) and this time the DTC was P1570-8D Start Attempt-Immobilizer and Transponder Mismatched Communication. But he could not rectify the problem at the workshop.

He offered 2 options: I send my car to Proton Glenmarie HQ but the waiting and troubleshooting maybe long or he send the car to Proton Glenmarie Service Centre on my behalf so as to cut down the waiting time as he could get straight to the SC personnel. So I just left my car plus 2 sets of keys/transponders/remotes with the dealer yesterday.

Will keep you guys informed of new development.

ahk

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
wondering what would happen when the car suddenly died off when running. Will it free the gear? so that you can still slowly row to the road side?

a neighbour's persona just burnt off by itself last month. The car parked at the car park then suddenly "bom...terbakar"...but he said notice some weird sound when driving few days back b4 the car bakar.

Now i'm worried of proton's quality and reliability.

mattcsh

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

mattcsh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
QUOTE (ahk @ Feb 8 2012, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wondering what would happen when the car suddenly died off when running. Will it free the gear? so that you can still slowly row to the road side?

a neighbour's persona just burnt off by itself last month. The car parked at the car park then suddenly "bom...terbakar"...but he said notice some weird sound when driving few days back b4 the car bakar.

Now i'm worried of proton's quality and reliability.

Wah, Burn it self ? Can ask is it the new PE or the older Persona IAFM model ? I also scared like that...cause i am driving 1 also. Did u neighbour install anything to the persona?

lncsb

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

lncsb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Further update on the problematic car..

Got back the car in the evening of 8th Feb. According to the dealer,"itu alarm punya setting sudah lari." No faulty parts changed. No even a document or job card / repair sheet from Proton.

The car was left in the porch until 10th Feb morning when my wife wanted to use the Persona to get to her office in Shah Alam, starting problem recurred again. Used Both keys to arm /disarm for 7-8 times only manage to get the car started. Upon reaching office, shut the engine and the car could not start anymore. During lunch time, got the car started after few trials, but the siren was blaring but engine and car could move. Meddled with reset buttons of both keys finally no more siren. In the evening of 10th Feb, the engine started with just 1 turn of ignition switch.

But the same starting issue recurred on Friday with no fixed pattern.

Today the car started with just 1 turn of ignition, but failed to start again immediately after. Tried both keys just now to arm / disarm, could some times start the engine.

I sent an e-mail on 8th Feb to some big figure in Proton regarding the starting issue until now no reply whatsoever.

Just called 2S dealer but he did not pick up the call.

The mileage is 514km.

Well, so much for the Proton's iconic product quality and service excellence...