Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Persona - Engine Suddenly Off When Drive...

• Please log in to reply

razifrahim

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

razifrahim

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Can anyone help me with this prob or maybe u hv facing the same prob before..?? Any idea wat when wrong or anything..??

razifrahim

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

razifrahim

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hv any of u hv facing this prob.. Recently my car facing this prob... after engine off, hard to start.. but after few minutes the engine can start and i can drive back... it happened twice this month... any idea guys..??

moors

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (razifrahim @ Aug 10 2011, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hv any of u hv facing this prob.. Recently my car facing this prob... after engine off, hard to start.. but after few minutes the engine can start and i can drive back... it happened twice this month... any idea guys..??

Engine hard to start from hot or cold engine?

Have not encountered this problem but some say to check the fuel pump or regulator.

arwan

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

arwan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
hv almost same problem..

engine hard to start when hot. need to pull key 3 times. already send to sc twice. first tune the engine. second flash the ecu. still nothing solve. already give up though the car still new smile_sad.gif

mattcsh

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

mattcsh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
QUOTE (arwan @ Aug 11 2011, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hv almost same problem..

engine hard to start when hot. need to pull key 3 times. already send to sc twice. first tune the engine. second flash the ecu. still nothing solve. already give up though the car still new smile_sad.gif

You better ask them to check the crank sensor. Look like going to fail. Better if u can send to Shah Alam CoSE to diagnose.

arwan

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

arwan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (mattcsh @ Aug 11 2011, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You better ask them to check the crank sensor. Look like going to fail. Better if u can send to Shah Alam CoSE to diagnose.

already send there. but they just tune the engine. need a half of a day for them to check my car n service but didn't rectify major prob smile_sad.gif .

mych

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

mych

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,789 posts
Possible:
1) Electrical prob, installed anything new that may affect the fuel pump?
2) Engine off or loss of all electric?
3) Check grounding/battrey terminal
4) Faulty immobiliser
Mych

razifrahim

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:02 AM

razifrahim

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (mych @ Aug 14 2011, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Possible:
1) Electrical prob, installed anything new that may affect the fuel pump?
2) Engine off or loss of all electric?
3) Check grounding/battrey terminal
4) Faulty immobiliser

hi mych..
so far i never install anything new to my car.. for ur info, the engine just off suddenly but not loss all electric..
the grounding/battery terminal checked.. no problem... i have send my car to sc but they said, NO PROBLEM found..
Feel sad.. what should i do then..??

razifrahim

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

razifrahim

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Aug 11 2011, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Engine hard to start from hot or cold engine?

Have not encountered this problem but some say to check the fuel pump or regulator.

Hi moors,

my problem is, i can start my car during hot or cold.. but when i drive, suddenly the engine off (not all the time).. Suddenly.. without any warning.. tried to start back but cannot.. tried many times.. after few minutes, the engine can start and i can continue my driving..
i hv send my car to sc but they said, "takdak masalah".. evrything ok.. but it happened again this week.. few times already..
kinda frustrated with sc & proton.. what should i do now...??? any idea..??

mosh

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

go to another SC to check it out...
perhaps the 32 bit ECU issue that some of PE user had that caused the engine died.. this have been resolved by upgrading the ECU Sw version.

btw, not all SC is equipped with the devices. not the normal MUT gadget. but something else.