Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford After Sales Service In Malaysia

• Please log in to reply

br1

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Feb 4 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if the parts aren't too expensive, i'd buy and fix it on my own. safety first. unless it's nothing serious la.

steering rack = 3+, rear absorber 3+, turbo = 6k, and engine & transmission oil leaks & etc.... how to buy or repair outside on own ? filter and etc... and small items ok, no problem,

sammyvellu

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Feb 4 2012, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
steering rack = 3+, rear absorber 3+, turbo = 6k, and engine & transmission oil leaks & etc.... how to buy or repair outside on own ? filter and etc... and small items ok, no problem,

Getting sick of kimchi? Going conti now?

cruzeon

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

cruzeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
if the parts aren't too expensive, i'd buy and fix it on my own. safety first. unless it's nothing serious la.

cruzeon

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:27 AM

cruzeon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

yes, i agreed with u bro DROLL. safety first. buy ourselves n get them fixed it. when their parts come, we claim fr them as spares, do u think they would allow?

well bro BR1, what are yr 2 "cold cars" having prats prob now? care to share?

br1

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (sammyvellu @ Feb 4 2012, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting sick of kimchi? Going conti now?

I am using conti all the years !!!

br1

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (cruzeon @ Feb 6 2012, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, i agreed with u bro DROLL. safety first. buy ourselves n get them fixed it. when their parts come, we claim fr them as spares, do u think they would allow?

well bro BR1, what are yr 2 "cold cars" having prats prob now? care to share?

chevrolet captiva diesel - a real good good suv a matter of fact!

junheng

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

junheng

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
This thread really stop me from anticipate new focus.

shall ford open the SC business like honda and toyota does, more competition make better service.

jayraptor

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (junheng @ Feb 16 2012, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shall ford open the SC business like honda and toyota does, more competition make better service.

From what I know, all car companies here only focus on after sales service when the number of buyers are more than the quota. Same goes to Honda & Toyota, they only focus on bringing in bulk spare parts and open lots of SC when there were many buyers. Back then, cars were easy to fix that you can send to any workshops as they were mainly mechanical at that time. Today, they are mostly electronics especially fragile parts and the VVT, technician must know how to disable it first before removing to prevent severe damage to the actuator.

This bad practice is known as the main cause of why some car brands didn't survive in our local market. Don't have the resources yet refused to give reasonable franchise freedom to others to handle the aftersales service for spare parts and SC. Ford should focus on bringing in bulk parts partner with outsource spare parts supply chain. Whether could sell or not in the beginning must bring in bulk spare parts on standby in order to convince buyers. Even for parts that people rarely change, get some in smaller volume for standby and to prevent bad impression of no spare parts when need to order from overseas + higher tax + expensive parts due to small order. Bulk order would make parts cheap.

nap

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

nap

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
QUOTE (junheng @ Feb 16 2012, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If that is reason enough to make you abort a sale, you should never buy a car tuan. PROTON after sales is just as bad (plus their cars are crappy anyway). I think in the end, we should make a balanced judgement. Even the likes of Honda and Toyota have after sales service issues.

If the ownership experience can be great, it should be able to cushion some bad service. Look at Citroen owners. Crappy service from Brooklands but they live. They enjoythe ownership.