Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf Maintenance

• Please log in to reply

trijuta

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (tanhb @ Oct 18 2011, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's bloody expensive!! Honda only RM58++ nia and i insist on this rate till i disposed the car

This is Akod maintenance fee unfortunately can't find kamli. Labour cost shown RM65/hour. So, can u able to do the same this to Hyundai? happy.gif .. Anyway, there are no break down on item. Engine oil say cost RM100+- (semi syn) + Labour say RM65 easily start from RM165 and above. i wonder how it's calculated? sleep.gif

tanhb

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

tanhb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
That's their official but I always don't want them to follow schedule and I come in odd schedule i.e 8K, 16K & thus added to the confusion and I told them what to service & what not to change and therefore, the maintenance price always fixed at RM58 throughtout the ownership od my old civic.

Even changing auto gearbox oil also I insist them to charge me at RM58. They already standardised this rate for years now. i just hope Hyundai able to do the same

BTW, forgotten to update my cost of maintenace on my visit- 6200km (Yeah no need to follow their 5000km too)

- RM97 (Free labour wth RM30 rebate + rebate of 10% parts.. Still OK to me haha
Nissan Sunny 1995......Wira 1.5A 1997.....Citroen ZX1.8  2002....Nissan Sentra 1.6 2004.....Waja 1.6X 2004 (Co car)....Honda 8th Gen 1.8 2006...Hyundai Sonata YF 2011

ring

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
Do not rely too much on the maintenance schedule!

On 40,000KM, front brake pad would need a replacement. Indicator in the schedule show "Service" but it should be "Replace".....???

Why normal Spark Plug = RM104 ??? An Iridium type plug price also near to that lo!

Also, air-con service not include???

Also, ATF change is @ 100km...sure bo???

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

tanhb

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

tanhb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
I don't really follow the schedule as well..Anyway, the ATF for hyndai is lifetime maintenance free gearbox. Sealed till the end of the lifespan ~ 250K km but for those kiasu ppl & also hardcore traveling to Genting every week till 100K km..yeah need to change the ATF
Nissan Sunny 1995......Wira 1.5A 1997.....Citroen ZX1.8  2002....Nissan Sentra 1.6 2004.....Waja 1.6X 2004 (Co car)....Honda 8th Gen 1.8 2006...Hyundai Sonata YF 2011

trijuta

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
Want to ask~ i am using clay bar #3. may i know how to keep in a good condition after used? 1 clay bar i cut into 4 pieces. 1st time i put into a small clean transparent plastic beg, it stick and spoilt ady. 2nd time i submerge it into water container, still manage to use few time before dispose. May i know what is the correct way?
thx

jie103

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Oct 22 2011, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Want to ask~ i am using clay bar #3. may i know how to keep in a good condition after used? 1 clay bar i cut into 4 pieces. 1st time i put into a small clean transparent plastic beg, it stick and spoilt ady. 2nd time i submerge it into water container, still manage to use few time before dispose. May i know what is the correct way?
thx

I put the clay bar into a small plastic container..

trijuta

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (jie103 @ Oct 22 2011, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I put the clay bar into a small plastic container..

but~~doesn't it will stick on to the plastic container? does it?

tekwei98

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

tekwei98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Oct 22 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I keep the unused portion of clay bars in airtight container. The one that is in use, I keep it in a cup of water all the time.

You don't have to throw it even if it has stuck on to the plastic. Clay bar can use many times leh bro, unless you drop it to the ground, then must dispose off immediately. I clay once every two months.

Just curious, your car is Sierra glowed, does clay bar remove the coating? If not, you are only claying the SG coat and not the clear coat?

Do you apply anything after claying?

trijuta

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (tekwei98 @ Oct 22 2011, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I keep the unused portion of clay bars in airtight container. The one that is in use, I keep it in a cup of water all the time.

You don't have to throw it even if it has stuck on to the plastic. Clay bar can use many times leh bro, unless you drop it to the ground, then must dispose off immediately. I clay once every two months.

Just curious, your car is Sierra glowed, does clay bar remove the coating? If not, you are only claying the SG coat and not the clear coat?

Do you apply anything after claying?

i clay on the surface very gentle. after clay didn't apply any coating bcos SG already there. clay only pickup those very fine stain.

Oh~ that mean u also submerge it into a water container lar..then what i did is correct lor~ laugh.gif ..for the next time use it is very easy to take it out.

jie103

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Oct 22 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, it does not stick on the plastic. I put the unused clay bar in the original plastic cover. The used one I put it in another plastic box. If it is stick to the plastic, you rinse it with water and can take out easily smile.gif