Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Saga Flx

• Please log in to reply

ntc2000

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Aug 23 2011, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the major difference is the trasmission. since youre used to myvi 4 spd, this one is cvt. so i guess you can feel a whole new experience.

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

ain206

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Aug 23 2011, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the major difference is the trasmission. since youre used to myvi 4 spd, this one is cvt. so i guess you can feel a whole new experience.

yup...but not only the tranny.. you will also notice the different in the number of luggage you can bring along whne balik kampung. no need trailer or the box people put on the roof...aiya forget the name lah...

Gunnerzz

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Aug 23 2011, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whotz that heavy duty?..

Heavy duty spring for the rear lah. Its great for carrying weight, felt more stable.
If alone a bit stiff feeling. Have to be careful when the spring is yet to settle in as it will over steer.

asr

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

asr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Finally, i got the car last thursday smile_big.gif
Tapi internet pulak kaput smile_blackeye.gif

Anyway, our unit is the executive unit which has the airbag, abs & ebd. Exteriorly, no change. Interior pun, no change hehe.. More or less the same with saga fl. But comparing to myvi, i prefer saga flx seats as the one in myvi is too soft. Space wise, we find it okay and reasonably comfortable for the price range. But boot space is nice..we had our myvi balik kampung earlier last saturday, walauweh... Quite a nightmare =p

By the way, the cvt for this saga flx is smooth all the way. Even better la from lagi best. Except for some jerking in 1st gear.. I don't know whether this is normal for cvt or not. But it seems like when i slow down & released the acceleration pedal, the cvt will go into neutral (?), and if i press the acc pedal again, there seems a delay for the gear to kick in. That's when the jerking is. Macam mana mau explain nihh.. Boleh ka?
Or is it because of the car hasn't break the 1st 1000km yet? Then, baru smooth eh?
Other than that, things are ok & the car's pick up is rather good, and with cvt inside, smooth all the way up. If not because of the 1st 1000km sleep.gif"

ntc2000

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (asr @ Aug 29 2011, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyway, our unit is the executive unit which has the airbag, abs & ebd. Exteriorly, no change. Interior pun, no change hehe.. More or less the same with saga fl. But comparing to myvi, i prefer saga flx seats as the one in myvi is too soft. Space wise, we find it okay and reasonably comfortable for the price range. But boot space is nice..we had our myvi balik kampung earlier last saturday, walauweh... Quite a nightmare =p

By the way, the cvt for this saga flx is smooth all the way. Even better la from lagi best. Except for some jerking in 1st gear.. I don't know whether this is normal for cvt or not. But it seems like when i slow down & released the acceleration pedal, the cvt will go into neutral (?), and if i press the acc pedal again, there seems a delay for the gear to kick in. That's when the jerking is. Macam mana mau explain nihh.. Boleh ka?
Or is it because of the car hasn't break the 1st 1000km yet? Then, baru smooth eh?
Other than that, things are ok & the car's pick up is rather good, and with cvt inside, smooth all the way up. If not because of the 1st 1000km sleep.gif"

congratulation bro... 2molo i gonna balik kampong with my wifey myvi.... sure pack like hell, no choice, have to detail 3-layer wax on her myvi with machine...

for ur delay when gear kick in, it is normal for CVT GB. even our nofear bro also got such delay on his lancer.... u can try install E-throttle device, for more info u can pm drex chan.

*lol, i help drex promote pulak... 059.gif 059.gif*

ahk

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
shall we accept the delay as normal or defects? smile_evil.gif

dabdab

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (asr @ Aug 29 2011, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

great, huh. lucky you
those jerky probably wet clutch engage and disengaged when stopping to a halt and move.
,,might want to give us some FC reading. ifya downt mynd.

congratulation,,

Gunnerzz

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
Salam Aidilfitri...

Just want to share the latest addition to my BLM.
Got myself a 2 point strut bar from UR.
I was not expecting much difference at 1st and man.....i was totally wrong, not even close at all.
The improvement is huge.
I can feel that the front end is now acting as one whole unit instead of 3 unit namely the left suspension, right suspension, and the engine bay. They are now moving in one solid movement. I can feel the different even when driving over speed bump.
Steering is much more precise and response better to my input.
Cornering is better too, it does not dip more toward the outer side as b4. The inner side seems to compensate for the body roll.

Really was surprise to the improvement it gave for the money spent.
Just RM 135 for it.
If i were to get more bars, i will have to think about extracting more power as the bar is heavy.

ntc2000

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Aug 29 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Salam Aidilfitri...

I was not expecting much difference at 1st and man.....i was totally wrong, not even close at all.
The improvement is huge.
I can feel that the front end is now acting as one whole unit instead of 3 unit namely the left suspension, right suspension, and the engine bay. They are now moving in one solid movement. I can feel the different even when driving over speed bump.
Cornering is better too, it does not dip more toward the outer side as b4. The inner side seems to compensate for the body roll.

Just RM 135 for it.
If i were to get more bars, i will have to think about extracting more power as the bar is heavy.

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Aug 29 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Salam Aidilfitri...

The improvement is huge.

Just RM 135 for it.

did you install any anti-roll bar?
installing one make even greater bigger difference.

Also, if you lower the spring, help alots too! Did that to my savvy, from R3.