Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Plastic Sheet For Road Tax

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,462 posts
As mentioned before, I just stick to hard plastic and secure with old type road tax disc holder...... smile_big.gif

br1

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

b4 stick your road tax just use hand cream or baby lotion rub on screen - a layer of oil, then paste the road tax, next year removal is a breeze.

simoniz

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (faceoff97 @ Mar 23 2012, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's this group buy site offering 3 sets of High Quality Road Tax Stickers (2 pcs in a set, front + back) for RM13.
Seems like quite a good deal considering it's free delivery as well.
Won't be posting the link here (not sure about forum rules on this), but pretty sure if your Googling skills is up to scratch, should be quite easy to find... smile_cool.gif

It is not expensive at all. I bought the clear road tax film from brothers at RM2 a pcs. Stick to the windshield and then stick my road tax sticker. After a day under the hot sun, the road tax sticker warp and start pealing off by itself. Then I get another one from Brothers, another RM2 Ka-Ching, to stick behind the road tax sticker. Then no problem.

That's RM4 plus 60sen x 2 for parking coupon.

vr2turbo

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Mar 24 2012, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
b4 stick your road tax just use hand cream or baby lotion rub on screen - a layer of oil, then paste the road tax, next year removal is a breeze.

With the oil the road tax can still stick on?

vr2turbo

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (simoniz @ Mar 24 2012, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is not expensive at all. I bought the clear road tax film from brothers at RM2 a pcs. Stick to the windshield and then stick my road tax sticker. After a day under the hot sun, the road tax sticker warp and start pealing off by itself. Then I get another one from Brothers, another RM2 Ka-Ching, to stick behind the road tax sticker. Then no problem.

That's RM4 plus 60sen x 2 for parking coupon.

I had the same problem using the road tax plastic given by insurance or oil company ones. So now I stick the road tax onto a hard plastic, then use this plastic to stick to windscreen as backing...working fine.... smile_thumbup.gif

manfisto

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

manfisto

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 24 2012, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had the same problem using the road tax plastic given by insurance or oil company ones. So now I stick the road tax onto a hard plastic, then use this plastic to stick to windscreen as backing...working fine.... smile_thumbup.gif

Yup, I did the same.
It is a very simple DIY.
This year, i just changed it by using tinting film, it can be re-use for next year.