Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Weird Sound From Back

• Please log in to reply

kohf1drive

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:32 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts
Hi vr2turbo
Ya I'm still the waja
Exposed rusted c pillar from the last accident repair

But still going strong, proper maintenance still a reliable workhorse

It's age, now small hiccup popping up
Like air conditioning from cold to hot (mix cold n normal air). It turns out the fuse is spoil

Finding good mechanics is still a gem

vr2turbo

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:21 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,307 posts

Wira and Waja are both work horses. Many of my friends still on the wira, some even modding them.....

Khayxiong

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

Khayxiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Checked, the handbrake cable is okay. Nothing loose. I give up.

vr2turbo

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 70,307 posts

Checked, the handbrake cable is okay. Nothing loose. I give up.

Your mechanic also gave up?

Khayxiong

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:20 PM

Khayxiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Yes. He said nothing loose, sometimes old car have a bit sound. He also give up. Recently I realize another problem, the door making rattling noise whenever I brake or on uneven road. Like there is something loose inside. Sigh, but sound problem really hard to identify.

Khayxiong

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

Khayxiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Wondering how much does it takes to clear all the sound 😂😂😂

vr2turbo

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:53 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 70,307 posts

The thing with sound is you might hear it here but it could be some where else and it takes time to test and locate. Also it will require at least 2 persons, one to drive and the other to locate. Most mechanic don't want to do it because it is time consuming and very hard to charge the customer. Too much and customer will complain, too little they are wasting their valuable time

Khayxiong

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:56 AM

Khayxiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
True also, just to share. I have cleared my front nyek nyek sound today! Haha. Previously when I go through bump will have nyek okkk, after reading all the post from this forum, I asked the mechanic to change the anti roll bar bush for me. After changing, the sound was transformed into nyek, the okkk sound gone. So was still scratching my head, the foremen said it could be the absorber need time to check. Of course, I also went to other different workshop to see what other machenic says. Most of them suspect that it was the absorber or absorber link, but then I still have doubt with their word. And today, I went to another workshop that I used to go for, he applied some grease on it, and the sound was gone. But I read some of the post here says that applying grease won't last for long. So I asked him whether there is any ways to solve the sound permanently, like changing absorber? Surprisingly, he said inserting a rubber will do. So I requested him to do for me. I saw him using a pvc host to wrap my absorber spring, and guess what, the sound was GONE! Luckily I did not change the absorber earlier!

kohf1drive

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:52 AM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts
All the bushes

1. Anti roll bar
2. Engine mounting
3. Absorber mounting
4. Steering bush
5. Tie rod (come with bush)
6. Lower arm (come with bush)

If all change together will give you NEW ride feel

But not necessarily require, depend on the condition, usually around 5 years change all together will same some cost for alignment n man-hour cost

Khayxiong

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:46 AM

Khayxiong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the advise. I gave up with the gelok gelok sound from rear on uneven road. But my car door giving rattle sound randomly, kinda sure not the panel. Any idea who should I look for to solve the problem? Does seem like a machenic job.
I mean doesn't *