Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Switch To 10k Kms Service Interval For Old Waja?

• Please log in to reply

abubu

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

abubu

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
Hi all

lately my dad's waja mileage clocking up faster due to heavier usage. its a hassle to bring it to the workshop every 5k in more or less every 2 - 3 months and my dad decided to go for fully synthetic (using petronas syntium 1000 cos always got freebies) and around 4-5 it will reach 10k kms. today i brought it to the 2nd 10k interval service and bought ori MMC oil filter from PPC because i no longer trust 'proton oil filter' outside mechanic uses.

here goes the question, does suddenly switching to 10k service interval from the usual 5k kms affect an old engine? the engine oil looks abit thick and damn black when it was drained. this is another reason why i dont trust 'ori oil filters' from outside mechanic. hope the MMC oil filter does a better job for the next 10k.

kohf1drive

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (abubu @ Apr 26 2011, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all

lately my dad's waja mileage clocking up faster due to heavier usage. its a hassle to bring it to the workshop every 5k in more or less every 2 - 3 months and my dad decided to go for fully synthetic (using petronas syntium 1000 cos always got freebies) and around 4-5 it will reach 10k kms. today i brought it to the 2nd 10k interval service and bought ori MMC oil filter from PPC because i no longer trust 'proton oil filter' outside mechanic uses.

here goes the question, does suddenly switching to 10k service interval from the usual 5k kms affect an old engine? the engine oil looks abit thick and damn black when it was drained. this is another reason why i dont trust 'ori oil filters' from outside mechanic. hope the MMC oil filter does a better job for the next 10k.

I already did 10k km service since its 100k km, now already 170k km using 10w-40 engine oil
Notice that after 5k km above revving up will be sluggish

KL3223

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
shd be ok, one of my rides also clocked >100k km and i have switched to 10k servicing after warranty expires....I no longer use oil which is too light eg 0/30. am going for 10/30 or 10/40. usually i change oil around 8k coz by then minyak sudah macam kopi o! tak tahan to let it drag till 10k.

ntc2000

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Apr 26 2011, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I already did 10k km service since its 100k km, now already 170k km using 10w-40 engine oil
Notice that after 5k km above revving up will be sluggish

my junk depend on my mood... sometimes use FS, sometimes use Semi, sometimes use mineral...

fs - 10k(5-30), semi - 5k

so far so good.

Tourist

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
Hi all

Whatever you do, don't ever believe in the No.1 rubbish perpetrated around saying "Fully Synthetic can last twice as long as Mineral". Absolute rubbish.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

kohf1drive

Posted 18 January 2022 - 11:58 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
it's your car, no warranty. what you want to change you change, just pay the money and services. if dont want also no issue, with down graded driving experience or worst case safety.