Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Maybank Offer

• Please log in to reply

MASsenger

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:21 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Latest Maybank offer for Swifti is $538 per month. Anyone know details of this. Is this 0% interest or a very clever gimick!

The REALdeal

Dogbert

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:40 AM

Dogbert

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 669 posts
MAS .. u planning to get one izzit ? I think next year even better deals after Q1. rolleyes.gif

MASsenger

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:05 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
That`s what I thought and wanted to wait, but the Yen has appreciated. My sources tell me there will be a price revision next year. So already booked and waiting to get it next week. Also managed to get $1500 rebate. Will still keep the VV, wife in love with it.

Btw, the Maybank offer is a gimick. $538 only the 1st year. In the end payup more! Wtf,buggers just want to con the ppl.

The REALdeal

Ronald80

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

Ronald80

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
so...is step up interest i think..monthly payment increase every year? end up the interest will be more than current
Ronald

MASsenger

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:09 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Yeah, it`s something like that. Payment does increase every year and there`s a large lump sum to be payed on the last payment -$6K+! When I found out it will actually cost more, told them to stuff it where the sun don`t shine!!!

The REALdeal

motormouth

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

motormouth

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (Dogbert @ Dec 17 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MAS .. u planning to get one izzit ? I think next year even better deals after Q1. rolleyes.gif

mind if I ask, why wait till after Q1?

MASsenger

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (motormouth @ Dec 30 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mind if I ask, why wait till after Q1?

08 will be over in a day. I`ve got just my car, and in one day my car becomes old model. There are quite afew 08 units still in the stockyard. By the end of Q1 the stock might have dried up. When you book then, you get a 09 model.

I did take this into consideration, but the Yen has appreciated and new pricing will take effect for 09 units. I feel the unsold 08 models will be sold as, `Offers at old price'. In the end you still pay the same amount. At the moment I managed to get a good rebate and that was good enought for me!

Btw Dogbert,this is absolutely a great car. VV boleh lelong la,he,he,he!

The REALdeal

motormouth

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:05 AM

motormouth

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Dec 30 2008, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
08 will be over in a day. I`ve got just my car, and in one day my car becomes old model. There are quite afew 08 units still in the stockyard. By the end of Q1 the stock might have dried up. When you book then, you get a 09 model.

I did take this into consideration, but the Yen has appreciated and new pricing will take effect for 09 units. I feel the unsold 08 models will be sold as, `Offers at old price'. In the end you still pay the same amount. At the moment I managed to get a good rebate and that was good enought for me!

Btw Dogbert,this is absolutely a great car. VV boleh lelong la,he,he,he!

Swift is now locally assembled, still severely affected by Yen's appreciation? Moreover, car sales coming down, what are the chances they will increase price?

rude

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:01 PM

rude

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
my gf is thinkin of gettin a swift but i told her to wait till 09..
a lot of japanese car sales person have been telling buyers that the prices of car will increase due to the appreciation of YEN..i do believe there's some truth in that..but i do not think it will affect prices of car that much..take other factors into consideration such as the recession and interest rates or so..you can buy now perhaps with 3% interest rate,next year it may be 2.5%..
also most sales person will say things to encourage and hopes it can be a catalyst for the buyer to buy the car...won't work i must say...no one is going to 'impulse buy' a car..
for the maybank offer,hhmmm..i wouldn't say its a gimmick...its just manipulative...sime darby has done it before with its alfa romeo cars..you pay little on the first few years and the montly repayment increases every year..its actually good because all of us hopes to earn a little more as time passes by..this loan i believe,will assist car enthusiast that really likes the car a lot but cannot afford it at the moment..

MASsenger

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (motormouth @ Dec 31 2008, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Swift is now locally assembled, still severely affected by Yen's appreciation? Moreover, car sales coming down, what are the chances they will increase price?

Locally assembled, not locally manufactured. Fortunately India is also producing Swift body parts. Not sure if the engine and gearbox are Indian made. As the Indian rupee has not appriciated,the car price may not be that affected.

The REALdeal